• Living the recumbent life!
  1. We have brought the site back online.  Now let's see how she does.

Catrike Catrike Road

Discussion in 'Trike' started by Tracy, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK, I'm about to be getting a new Catrike Road in, but it has the standard long cranks on it... think they are 165mm or 170mm.
    I've been doing a lot of reading that the 145mm-153mm are really a better range for the cranks for most people.  The one thing that I haven't been able to find from my research (and I don't have the trike here yet) is whether you have to replace the entire crankset for shorter cranks or if you can just replace the cranks on the FSA crankset that is factory installed.
    If you have to replace the entire crankset, then I'll be holding off a while as the $3200'ish that the trike is running takes care of my "play budget" for a short period of time - and I can live with the longer cranks till I rebuild it.
    If it's a simple matter of replacing the crank arms themselves does anybody have any suggestions on where to obtain them from?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  2. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    And it's home. Still playing with the suspension settings and a few other things.

One mistake I made - I let my wife, who is on the Sun delta trike, ride it. Now she wants one and not her delta. :lolmeme:

3. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Moved the light to a shorter RAM mount (still on the boom) and the video was much better.

Since this video, I've moved the arm to the left side (top) of the seat shooting over my left shoulder. Will be trying it in the next day or two when I take the bike out to the Dogwood Trails (local park) here in town.
    Oh, and now we are definitely going to be getting another Catrike in the family. Tanya has decided that she likes my Road - but wants one with a little wider wheel base, so we will probably get her the Villager since she also wants more of an upright seating position than the others have and we don't want a folding bike.