• Living the recumbent life!
  1. We have brought the site back online.  Now let's see how she does.

Magnic Lights

Discussion in 'Equipment Talk' started by Tracy, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    While doing some light research (pardon the pun there!), I came across some really neat LED lights that have their own dynamo built in. They are called Magnic Lights.
    I've got an email into the sales division of their company to find out if/how they would mount to a Catrike Road. I'm seriously thinking about getting at least the red tail light for the bike - that way there is no dependence on battery in case my current ones go dead. They are listed at $71.01 (excluding VAT). Don't ask me why they added a penny onto the end instead of making it $71, or $70.99. And I'm not sure if that's USD or another denomination. You can get a complete set (2 front lights and 1 rear) for $206.47.
    I'll get more information as quickly as I can. Once I get it in, I'll do some video of it in comparison to some of the other lights we have on hand. I'm waiting till I can get enough different lights to do a really good comparison.
    magnic_light.jpg

2. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    After a little more looking, I think what I'll be doing is purchasing a mount to see how it fits onto the rear of the bike.  These are really designed for normal bicycles and not a trike like the Road.
    If the mount looks like it will work, I'll splurge on the funds for getting the rear light in.  None of their existing mounts will work for the front wheels for the white light.  I'll have to do some creative redneck engineering to see if I can gin up a mount that will work with the fronts once I get the back in.
    If I'm successful, I'll detail the process in an article.