• Living the recumbent life!
  1. We have brought the site back online.  Now let's see how she does.

Scammer warning

Discussion in 'The Rest Stop' started by Tracy, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It has come to my attention that we have a low-life in Texas that is apparently "rebranding" bikes made in Taiwan and then selling them at a premium cost as a "high-end" trike/bike.
    The individual was previously doing business as Trivortech & Vortritek. Apparently his name is Dan Young and does business in Pasadena, TX.

His current sites are called Euro-Recumbents (eurorecumbents.com) and Tritenko Cycle Innovators (cycleinnovators.com). If you are in the market for a trike and find any of these sites in your search, steer WELL away from them. This individual also sells trikes under multiple names on e-bay at a price that is WELL over what one can buy them elsewhere for.

This was relayed to me about his what he does:
    Apparently he believes (from what has been reflected in an email to a major recumbent forum owner) that mis-representing product is "just doing business" and there is nothing wrong with it.

He is frequently using images on his site of bikes and trikes that he can't obtain and attaching them to his product description. This individual apparently has had a LONG history of doing this and is known in the recumbent rider groups.

A very good thread on him is occurring here. He has apparently been threatening the owner of that site since they are informing others of his past actions and he has now gone to the point of creating fictitious websites to post "derogatory" reviews of that forum and sending letters to that sites sponsors.

2. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  3. Tunesmith

Tunesmith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This guy is already dodging. Cycleinnovators.com now has the title "Advanced Cycles". The brand Torisimos that we have been warning people about is now not listed and the same trike is just the 850z. This guy shifts brands and model names like a chameleon changes colors.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. luminova11

luminova11 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This guy has been up to his tricks for a number of years. I discovered him when I was looking for my first trike. His EBay listing claimed at the time, amongst other things, that the trike's were hand built in Germany. Now there is nothing wrong with Performer trikes and bikes, I have one and believe they are probably the best value for money trike you can buy. They're well designed and made and very well priced But they are not nor are they claiming to be a top end trike. I could have bought an ICE Sprint X built to my specs for less than he was asking for a rebadged Performer JC70AL-FRP at the time. Unfortunately as Performer also operate to supply products for rebranding, the prices that this guy is charging are immoral rather than illegal. His descriptions of what he is selling are a different matter altogether.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

5. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    From what I understand, the HPV's are decent, but they aren't worth what he asks for them and are no where near the quality of the ICE, Catrike, etc.

6. luminova11

luminova11 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No they're not. Like I said I have a Performer trike and it's very nice but if Ice, HP Velotechnik, Catrike's etc are the Rolls Royce then Performer is but a Ford. The prices he's charging is 3 times what I paid for my JC70AL-FRP direct from Performer including extras and import duties and taxes.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk