• Living the recumbent life!
  1. We have brought the site back online.  Now let's see how she does.

Site use guide(s)

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Tracy, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In this thread, I'll be showing you certain features of the forum that may not be immediately noticeable.
    The first that I'll be talking about is the use of the smilies (emoticons) in the posts.  When you click on the smilie icon in the editor bar 
    View attachment 1
    you will see this
    View attachment 2
    If you notice, in the upper right hand corner is "Categories".  Clicking on that will pull up a list of all the categories.  The reason to do this is that the main screen you see only shows a limited number of the smiles in each category.  As you can see, the non-animated one has over 100 (at time of this post) but only about 20 show up on the initial screen.
    View attachment 3
    Once you click on a category (in this example the non-animated) your view will change to the category title and show all the smilies in that area in a scrollable area beneath it.
    View attachment 4

Attached Files:

2. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Next, we will talk about the "Mood icons" - which are the little characters that show below the avatars of the users.
    View attachment 6
    You can access this feature by clicking on the yellow smiley in the user bar at the top of your page.
    View attachment 5
    Once you click on it, you should see something similar to the below
    View attachment 8
    You can click on any of the icons and that is what will show below your avatar.  You can further change the text in the "Currently Feeling" area and update it.  I do ask that you don't get offensive with your input.  That could result in your ability to use this feature being blocked on your account if reported.
    The "Mood" is shown via your avatar area in posts and is also reflected in your profile hover card
    View attachment 9
    and on your profile itself
    View attachment 10

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.