• Living the recumbent life!
  1. We have brought the site back online.  Now let's see how she does.

Catrike Villager

Discussion in 'Trike' started by Tracy, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    After some lengthy time looking at different recumbents, I am giving serious consideration to the Villager from Catrike.  My wife has a Sun Seeker X3-AX delta that she likes.  I've ridden it and it's comfortable for me but I'm wanting something more in the tadpole configuration.  Most of the reviews of the Sun tadpoles are not that "good".  I have been reading a lot of good about the Villager from Catrike.  The bad thing is the nearest bike shop that would have anything like this is around 2 hours away 1 way.  Kind of a long way to drive for a 5 minute test ride.
    I can get used to any bike - but I'm more interested in feedback on reliability and "fun factor" of the Villager.  I realize that it sits a little higher and has a wider wheelbase so it won't be as fast, but is it a good choice for a bike.  My budget is around $2500, which knocks all those high end ones out.  I can't really justify the REAL expensive ones due to the type and infrequency of riding we currently do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well, after a little more research.. I'm seriously thinking of scraping the extra few hundred together and getting the Catrike Road.  We're going to try to get down to Austin and see do some test rides at one of the bike shops there.

3. Tracy
    Happy

Tracy The 'Bent One

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    And it's official... 09/02/2015 I'll have a new Catrike Road in the garage!